Balloon dilatation of the stenotic portion of a coronary artery or of stenosis of bypass grafts replacing coronary arteries, to improve myocardial perfusion.
Coronary balloon dilatation catheter
• Catheter materials: Nylon/Pebax (the product does not contain latex components)
• Balloon: Semi-compliant (10-15% from nominal pressure to RBP)
• Nominal Pressure: 6 atm
• Rated Burst Pressure (RBP): 16 atm
• Radiopaque markers: tungsten-based flexible polymeric radiopaque markers.
• Recommended guidewire: 0.014”
• Introducer compatibility: 5F for all diameters and 6F for kissing-balloon technique
• Deflation time: 3s average
• Catheter working length: 142 cm
The Rapid Exchange balloon catheter (RX) Xperience, is designed for percutaneous transluminal angioplasty of coronary arteries.
The shaft of the catheter features a combination of a single lumen at the proximal end and double lumen at the distal end:
• Proximal part: single lumen that comprises a hypotube which provides to the catheter high pushability and allows in/deflation liquid passage to the balloon.
• Distal shaft: configuration of double coaxial lumen with two functions: Inner lumen for guidewire passage and outer lumen for in/deflation.
At the distal end of Xperience , there is the balloon (inflatable segment) which dilates the artery when inflated through an infusion of contrast liquid. The balloon is preset to reach different diameters at different pressures (according to the compliance curve shown on the primary packaging).
Two radiopaque markers are fitted at each end of the balloon to mark its length and help the user track the device while inside the patient. The distal part of the catheter is coated with a durable hydrophilic coating (HYDRAX) that minimizes friction and improves catheter trackability. The catheter ends in a cone-shaped tip which is rounded and atraumatic in shape to avoid damaging the arteries while it is being advanced. At the proximal part, there is the luer hub to attach different accessories. The maximum diameter of the guidewire must not exceed 0.36 mm = 0.014”.
For further information contact with sales representative